Sisters

Sisters

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 17, 2017 – BEcome Expectant of Miracles

My favorites, 

How was your week? I hope it was great (: 

We had lots of meetings and even more adventures this week. Easter was a success! We were able to talk to a lot of great people- interested people- yesterday and the whole week. We were actually fed dinner this year on Easter which was a blessing(: I was really nervous for Easter because I remember it was one of the only days I got super homesick on my mission. The members that invited us over for dinner cancelled and things just didn't go smoothly at first, but we found a guy named John that ended up learning for quite a while! Then Sister Cutler and I made dinner haha, good times (:  This year the members that offered to have us over for dinner didn't end up getting back to us - so we almost had a round two of that, but then a sweet woman in the ward invited us over. It is nice to be with a family even if they aren't the same family I am used to. We had FOUR people come to church this week….and the best part is they are all actively progressing towards a time to be baptized and confirmed. 

We are teaching some stellar humans, who always make me laugh.

Brother Mackey is someone who met with missionaries before, but wasn't very consistent at lessons. Well, not only is he consistent at lessons, but he is reading and coming to church(: We taught him a workshop to help him stop smoking in a week. He is on day 5 right now and he is killing it. His lessons are never ever dull and the nice thing is, we always know when he walks in the doors to church because not many people in our congregation have blue dreads. Last week we taught about how God the Father and Jesus Christ have bodies of flesh and bone like us, but that the Holy Ghost doesn't. And that they all have different ways of helping us know truth. At the end of the lesson, we asked him to teach us what he learned about God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. He thinks in silence for a good amount of time and proceeds to say: "Well. God and Jesus Christ are like the fan and the Holy Ghost is like the wind." PERFECT. Haha, it actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Pray that he continues to live the word of wisdom (: 

The next person is Bryan. He is 12 and his father was a long lost member of the church. Sisters knocked into him a while back. His dad is currently trying to get time off to come to church, but he had to work yesterday. We have been trying to help Bryan come since I got here-so yeah, lots of trying-but every time something happened. We had a lesson with Bryan and taught him about boys in the scriptures that had faith and did what God asked. Bryan resolved to be brave and come to church by himself- he did and he loved it. (: Pray his dad gets work off this week! And every other week (: 

Remember how I told you a member gave us a name of someone to go try the Friday I got here? Well, he watched conference on his own accord, came to church last week and loved it, had a lesson with us and set up another one. But when we went out to try him (he lives at the very edge of our area and it takes a gazillion miles to get out there) he WASN'T HOME. We got to teach his friend though (: The worst part: his phone was off so we had no way to contact him. So, this whole week we just prayed for a miracle-that he would come to church with no reminder or invitation. We were sitting in sacrament meeting and Sister Wevers whacks me on the arm and says' "NO WAY. LOOK WHO SHOWED UP"- it was him (: 

The other person that came to church is Brother Cornish- the man that found the Book of Mormon in the trash pile from last week. It has been cool to see his appearance change as we meet with him- he just looks happier. He has some interesting questions- Like: "Can I get the second coming on pay per view?" but they are honest questions and he soaks up what we share. (: 

So, funny story! I have always secretly wanted to be knocked into (so to have someone knock on my door) on my mission. Friday morning we were studying and we heard a knock on the door- It was Jehovah's Witnesses. Needless to say, it was an interesting experience. The oddest part is that in everything they used in their initial approach to us, they somehow forgot to mention the word God or Jesus Christ..?? I learned how important it is to ALWAYS center my message on the THE center of the message- Jesus Christ. 

Well, Friends I know this Gospel is true! I also know that God will help us see miracles if we ask in faith and if we work and if we are obedient- missionary or not. It works (: I have seen it. I testify that God is real and that this is HIS work and HIS power (: 

I love my calling! 

Much love, y'all



-- 
Sister Justina Campbell
West Virginia Charleston Mission











No comments:

Post a Comment