Sisters

Sisters

Sunday, April 2, 2017

March 27, 2017 – BEcome Focused on What is Ahead (:

My favorites(: 

The last four days have been an adventure for sure. So, Wednesday night the Zone Leaders call and tell me that I am actually NOT leaving Roanoke Thursday morning, I am leaving Thursday night and that my new companion (because of logistics and to save miles on the cars) would be coming to spend the day in Roanoke with Sister Zaugg and I. So, it was quite the adventure. I had never tried to do missionary work in a trio before…interesting dynamic, but we laughed a lot and it was fun showing Sister Wevers around. We saw a cool miracle. We had a few minutes that Thursday night before we had to go back to the stake center and head to Lexington. We stopped in an apartment complex to try a few contacts we had made but hadn't started teaching. Well, there is this one man that Sister Cutler and I met A LONG time ago while she was on exchanges with me. He accepted what we taught him and told us we had met him for a reason. Well, we went back often for two months to try him and nothing. HE WAS NEVER HOME. But I always knocked on his door when we were there because I wanted so badly to teach him more. Well, as soon as we got out of the car my last day- my last spot- in the area…his car turns the corner and he starts driving up the hill! I got so excited I just started trucking it up the hill- like full speed sprint people. We didn't catch him in time, so just as he closed the door I yelled his name- but he didn't hear. So, we swiftly made our way to his door all out of breath and as I went to knock he opened up the door. He was surprised to see us…two of us he had never met before, but he remembered me! He said he had been gone a lot because of two deaths that had happened very recently, but he was still open to learning. It seems small, I know, but it reminded me that the Lord is aware of the work we put into building his kingdom and he loves follow up!

So, the truth…I have been sick to my stomach because leaving Cotton Hill was not easy. Friday, we had miracle after miracle after miracle. The sisters hadn't gotten a contact to go see from a member  in 6 weeks or more and we GOT TWO the first day I was in the area. At one point I just remember laying on the floor laughing because I couldn't understand all of the miracles- it was insane!  Every person we talked to was incredibly interested and we were on FIRE.  At night, we were walking through town (YES. WE WALK ALL OVER AND WE HAVE SIDEWALKS (: ) I remember just asking the Lord what all of these miracles were for? What was he trying to tell me? All of a sudden I felt so much love and I had a thought come into my head, "PLEASE, DON'T LOOK BACK SISTER CAMPBELL. I HAVE SO MUCH FOR YOU TO DO HERE- focus on what is ahead " Wow! It hit me like a ton of bricks. The Lord was showing me…without delay…that he needed me here and he had suffered me to come here. I felt very excited for the tool I would be in his hands here- LET IT BEGIN (: 

 I love my new companion, Sister Wevers, and we have had a good time doing the Lord’s work, the Lord’s way! So, the ward didn't give the friendliest welcome ever, but they are stellar people with great desire. Pray that we will find opportunities to serve them, gain their trust and love, and see miracles! IT WILL COME with hard work and lots of outreach (: 

We met with one of my favorite people I have ever taught this week- I had no idea what to expect in the lesson, but we just asked questions and went by the spirit. We four sixed it. (1 Nephi 4:6 -it's a verb to me now) All to find out God had prepared him just yesterday. When we invited him to be baptized and receive the gift of the holy ghost his reply was, "I am ready this time". NICE. The spirit was present, very present. We asked him why he wanted to and he said, "because I feel like I will be getting a part of me back" COOL comment. I have thought a lot about that comment lately. We really do get a part of us back as we receive more of God's precious gift- the spirit- in our lives. 

Well my time is up! Back to the good life. I LOVE MY CALLING. (: 

Love y'all long time!

-- 
Sister Justina Campbell
West Virginia Charleston Mission








No comments:

Post a Comment