Sisters

Sisters

Thursday, July 21, 2016

July 18, 2016 – BEcome Individual, Yet All Encompassing

HI FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

I love you and I miss you and I LOVE hearing about your lives. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts for me and the people I serve and serve with.

Soo…saying goodbye to Sister Lee was one of the hardest things I had to do. She is an incredible missionary and she became one of my closest friends. I learned much from her. One of my favorite things about her were her prayers. She prayed with so much faith and detail. When I got to the new area, something Sister Tippets told me that she liked was my prayers! Hallelujah! Sister Lee rubbed off(: She is now training a new Sister in Morgantown! I didn't get to have a picture with her because she was in a meeting before I could grab her. BUT here is one of Sister Huntington. (: She is doing great and just got put with Sister Ward (a Sister from Idaho Falls that was in our District at the MTC) love them.

Speaking of transfers and Morgantown, I MISS THAT PLACE. I’ve wondered how it ever felt foreign. I know that the more we experience something, the more we come to love it. I can't believe how fast my time there went! I learned from this experience to never take a second for granted!! I am so grateful for my time there. And I am so grateful to be in Teays Valley! It is night and day compared to Morgantown. Just a few little quiet towns with not too much commotion, but enough to keep us busy! Sister Tippetts is from Salt Lake and she is great! Sorry I don't have a picture yet! This is her first area and she has been out 3 transfers (4 1/2 moths). Her trainer stayed with her the whole time and just left for home. Everyone loved her to pieces and I have some big shoes to fill! 

My town is fairly close to some of the flooded areas. On Saturday our ward had a project that we went to help with. A lady had just rented the house for 2 DAYS! And then it was flooded. It was horrible to watch her cry, yet be so thankful. She watched everything she had worked for be destroyed. It just reminded me how fragile our lives and material items are. What matters most comes from inside (:

I have only been here for a few days, but I can see all of the growth, the happiness, and the challenge that lies ahead! No matter how hard, I am grateful for growth! I hope we can all do our best to have an attitude of optimism ALWAYS!

So prayer is real: We went to try someone the other night and I went to leave a note in the door. Well, there was a wasp (A MASSIVE wasp) flying around. I accidentally shut it in the screen door with the note. I then realized that when the lady was going to come to her door, a very aggravated wasp was going to be there to greet her. I did not want to deal with it. I didn't know what to do. I realized that I needed to have a little more faith that God would help me if I asked. I said a prayer and asked to not be stung when it flew out as I opened the door. I opened my eyes, walked up to the porch and went to let the angry thing out. Well, there was no wasp!!! I seriously have no idea how that happened, but I know that somehow God answered my prayer. PRAYER WORKS!

I love the ward here. Probably one of my favorite parts about the area, but that is what I said last time too (: So I have made it a goal to be individual, yet all encompassing. This is a quality and trait that Christ has. He loves us and pays attention to us individually, yet he never leaves anyone out. Sometimes I get comfortable with the relationships I have and I forget to strengthen others, or worse yet make others! I about knew every member in Morgantown and could tell you about them. I decided I wanted to do the same here, but to speed up the process. So I am going to sit by a different member every time I go to church. I was thinking about my challenge for this week, and I thought I could challenge everyone: missionary, member, or not to do the same! Maybe it isn't at church, maybe it is a meeting, or on the bus or who knows, but just try it (: yeah? (: My friends: let's BEcome individual, yet all-encompassing together. Let's make a small step by sitting by someone new and then reaching out to get to know them!

Well folks, I love you! I know that Christ is our Savior and that with his help, we can be more obedient to the laws and ordinances of HIS gospel, which in turn brings us more joy and happiness than we now enjoy. The greater the obedience, the greater the blessings!
--
Sister Justina Campbell
West Virginia Charleston Mission


With Sister Huntington, my companion in the MTC.


With Krissy and her daughter and grandkids. They are the family that is related to me. I met them the weekend before I left Morgantown. Definitely a Miracle!




No comments:

Post a Comment