Sisters

Sisters

Thursday, July 14, 2016

May 2, 2016 – BEcome a Creator of Your Circumstances

Well family and friends, I hope that you are all having a wonderful week and that it has been as nice there as it has been here! We have had a lot of thunderstorms and rainy days and I am actually a SUPER big fan.
I got a new companion this week! It has been an adjustment, but we are both loving it (: I can’t even tell ya how many times people do a double take after she tells them where she is from! They look at me and say, “Wait! Where are you from??” Good stuff I tell ya, good stuff.
Update on Sister Cutler: She loves her new area. I miss her like crazy, but I know she is doing great things. I teased her so much that she was going to go to the back woods: hahaha she did! So apparently Morgantown is kind of a whole different world than most of the mission. I have decided to soak up my “city life” while I can.
Morgantown is just on fire right now. We have so much work that is progressing. We are teaching a lot and we have found a few very solid families lately which is so great! An update on the story from “the teal house” last week: We taught them again this week! These people are incredible. It turns out that many people in the ward know them. It feels like everything is just slowly falling into place.
I have thought a lot this week about what it means to be a successful missionary and how I can really reach my potential. In a letter I was sent I was given a thought by Elder Ballard. In the letter there was a phrase this week which was EXACTLY what I needed: it said” Become a creator of circumstances instead of a creature of circumstances”. So often we find ourselves making excuses, but I have learned this week more than ever that it is not our circumstances that make us successful. It is our attitudes! So today I leave you with just that:
BEcome a creator of your circumstances!
Sorry that the email home is short today. I will do better at hurrying quicker next week! Well I love you all! Have a good week and remember that God knows everything that you are going through. And he is eagerly waiting to help (: Prayer, humans..it is the KEY to a happy day!!

--
Sister Justina Campbell

West Virginia Charleston Mission



It was SO hard to say goodbye to her. She said that she loves her new area and that it is very different and I would get a good laugh.


BLACKFOOT TAKES OVER MORGANTOWN. That is right people of Blackfoot. You now have two natives serving in Morgantown! Haha for some reason it never registered that Sister Lee was out here, but as soon as I saw her I was like: “WAIT! YOU LOOK FAMILIAR” haha awkward. 


I also burnt my rice and thought it was funny because Sis Cutler did the same thing a while back and I made so much fun of her. Oops. Hahaha, it is easier than it sounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment