Sisters

Sisters

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

March 28, 2016 – BEcome Devoted/More Diligent

Family + Friends!
Sorry this is getting to you by snail mail! Hehe :) I lost track of time online today! This has been a great week.
First I just wanted to give a small update from last week since I didn’t send anything :/ The focus of last week was: Become devoted. When we are truly devoted to Christ we live happier and fuller lives. My challenge to you all is to decide what you are going to do to be more personally devoted to Christ.
This last week had a lot of good experiences! Even on Easter Sunday we had no one come to church so that was rough, but with more hard work our time will come! We teach a lot, but it doesn’t work as well when no one wants to come to the best part of the whole gospel!
For Easter dinner we had someone in the ward signed up to feed us, but they ended up forgetting/being sick. After we got off the phone I was SO sad. I hadn’t been homesick in a good while, but it hit me HARD. All I wanted was to be with at least somewhat of a family for dinner on this beautiful day. I started to cry in the car, but I stopped myself. I realized how much I was thinking in an “I” language. We got out of the car and went back to work. It is so nice to always have the ability to serve those around us when we get down. We ended up having a great day! We found lots of people to teach and then went to our friend Shirley’s home. We helped her finish making lunch for her family. She invited us to eat as well and we got to teach them and her grandson! The blessings of this did not stop there. I felt so happy I could barely stand it! I learned that being diligent and always working hard brings forth more blessings than imaginable. In Preach My Gospel there is a quote that says, “Diligence is an expression of our love for the Lord and His work.”
My challenge to you is that you Become more diligent in your life/work/service :) Work, but work hard. Do it with added excitement. And remember that when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God :)

Love you all!

Sister Justina Campbell

West Virginia Charleston Mission

This is our landlord! We have become great friends with her!


One of my favorite little girls in the ward! Her mom told us that her and her friend went out sharing  BOMs to people in their neighborhood. What a good example of why we should be like children! They are not afraid to share the gospel. 


A sweet lady in our ward made Easter baskets for us, haha. She put bright pink lipstick in them and we thought it would be fun to try it on. 


How we spent our Easter!


My first day of driving in the mission!





No comments:

Post a Comment