Sisters

Sisters

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

March 14, 2016 – BEcome Focused

Hi Family! And Friends (:
I hope that you all had a good week! Well, four days hah (: So this week has been great! It warmed up an awful lot!
I decided to talk about becoming focused this week because this is what I learned most about, even though I learned so so so much. I had to learn to focus on each moment this week and really trust in Jesus Christ. President always reminds us that the person right in front of us is the most important person: I would challenge you to become focused on whatever person or whatever task is in front of you at that exact moment and then trust in he who knows more than you!
Here was a miracle from doing so:
I chose to focus on focusing this week. Sister Cutler and I had many incredible experiences this week, but the one I want to share with you will forever go down as one of my favorite memories. We were teaching a man named Jared. We found him while we were out walking one night. I felt a prompting that we needed to go and knock on this door so we did. It was right after zone conference and Sister Cutler is incredible and used the idea of finding through family history that we were given. She was definitely prompted to do so because Jared's sister was very excited about our message. His sister invited us back, but I was on exchanges. They said they taught the plan of salvation and that both Jared and Kirsten (his sister) were receptive to the message. So the next lesson we went back to teach was the restoration. We brought a member named Sister McInelly. Kirsten wasn't there so we just taught Jared. The spirit was so strong in the lesson, not only through Sister Cutler and I, but Jared asked many inspired questions and Sister McInelly was always there to testify of what Jared needed to hear. At times I am so worried about what I am going to say in a lesson that I get caught up in thinking about that rather than what my companion or the member was saying. I have been trying hard to always just focus on the person talking and what they are saying. While Sister Cutler was sharing the part about Joseph Smith's first vision and I was listening to what she was describing, I had a strong feeling that I needed to find a restoration pamphlet and flip to the page. I dug through my bag and flipped to the page just in time to look up at him staring at the page where Joseph Smith sees God and Jesus Christ. As he listened to her words and looked at the pictures his eyes were growing by the second! After she finished we asked him how he felt. He said that he had chills! We asked him where that feeling came from. He realized that it came from God. We testified to him that the spirit was testifying to him what he just heard and saw was true! He then picked up the Book of Mormon and just held it!
The spirit worked through each of us so smoothly. It was AWESOME (:
Well, I hope to hear an experience of how focusing helped you to make the most of the moment that you were in!
Happy trails (:
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
--
Sister Justina Campbell

West Virginia Charleston Mission 


The McInelly family is a sweet family who feeds us on a regular basis. How we love visiting them! Sister McInelly is the member who went teaching with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment