Sisters

Sisters

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

December 12, 2016 – BEcome a Journal Keeper

Hi family and friends!

This week was really, really good. So, something that I learned this week was that everything ties back to Christ and everything ties back to the fact that Christ brought back part of his gospel. That’s important and that’s the message that we are called of him to teach and to declare, that part of his gospel, and to teach people that it is back on the earth and that they can have everlasting life.

So, this week we were teaching this super awesome family. We were just teaching the mom that night in her home and I felt like I needed to show her a video even though we had planned to teach her the first message that we teach which is the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. As we were sitting there I felt like I should show her this random video on mormon.org. So, I followed the prompting and we showed it to her and I was like okay, I don’t know how this is going to tie into the restoration, but we will figure it out. In it there was a quote from President Monson, from the prophet today, and she asked who is that? It was a perfect transition to be able to talk about how we believe that we have a modern-day prophet on the earth today. So, my testimony grew in the fact that truly everything ties back to the restoration and that’s the message that we are called to share. And after we get to share that, people understand why we share more and what the Book of Mormon is and that’s why it is important for people to listen to the missionaries and to be reminded of Joseph Smith and of how Jesus Christ used him as a prophet on the earth.

Something else that was really cool is this week we were walking down a street that we had been told to go to by a member. We were ready to go in and I felt like we should just knock one last door and so I said, “Sister Merrifield, I feel like we need to knock one last door.” She was like “okay, let’s knock this one.” So, we walk up and we knock it and it is this lady who is so prepared for the gospel. She had actually watched a video in her own church about the Mormon religion and she wanted to know more about it, but she had just never really done any searching or anything like that, but she had always had kind of an interest in it. So, we were able to teach her right then and there and she was so grateful that her questions had been answered. We get to go back and teach her tomorrow and I’m so excited! So, that will be really cool.

This week I have learned a lot about how important it is to think about Christ but also to think about him with pen and paper, to just really write down the feelings that we have and to be able to go back and look at them later and to think about how we felt, especially when times are rough. I thought that was really cool and so this week I wanted to challenge everybody to BEcome and journal keeper, even if it is a small journal and we just write down one thing that we learned that day or one reason we felt like we needed to be on earth that day or something like that. I just think it’s so important that we keep that journal and as I go back and I look each week, when I come to write my emails it is so helpful to be able to remember all of the spiritual experiences that I had……or at least some of them because if I wrote everything down, that would be a really long journal! But I write some of them down so that’s good(:

Well, I love my calling and one of my favorite scriptures that our mission president always has us recite is 3 Nephi 5:13. It says “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.” That is such a true statement. I know that I really am called to be a representative of Jesus Christ right now. It’s the best calling in the entire world and I am so grateful for it.

I love you all!

-- 
Sister Justina Campbell
West Virginia Charleston Mission







No comments:

Post a Comment