Sisters

Sisters

Thursday, March 30, 2017

February 13, 2017 – BEcome Welcoming of Guidance (:

Hiya! 

So, this week we saw some incredible miracles. A few weeks ago, I was wondering what I could do to improve my missionary work. The spirit whispered, "Invite more", and at that moment I got this huge desire to invite people to read, study, come to church, pray. Anything and everything, I had a desire to invite someone to do it. I have no doubt that that extra little bit of fire under my feet came from the Lord. Ever since then, we have been able to teach a lot of people. A LOT. I know that inviting others to ACT helps them to recognize the Holy Ghost in their lives and it helps them to grow closer to God. I love being a disciple of Jesus Christ (: 

One quick story about sincerity of heart: We are teaching a young man right now that is seeking to understand God and his plan. We taught him about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invited him to pray about what we had taught. The next time we met we were inspired to ask a question that led to him telling us a simple, but powerful story. He went home that night and prayed about what we had taught. He asked God to give him a sign. The next day he was out playing football with his friends. There was an edge that the football almost bounced off of, but instead it hit the edge just right and bounced back to them. He said it was no coincidence and he fell to his knees out of amazement. He linked that to being a sign from God. HOW COOL! If we are seeking for an answer to our prayers, we will find one, but we have to really be looking. Then, God will speak to us and he will relate it to us in a way that we can be sure it is from him. 

These past 3 months have been some of the hardest months of my entire life. Yet, I have really been shaped and molded by the spirit. I feel like I am truly learning to follow the Lord with less reservation and more assurance. Something life changing I learned this week was to take correction and guidance from others willingly. We had stake conference this weekend (I LOVED IT) and it was the theme of stake conference for me. I get so sad when someone tells me something I can do better. I feel like a total failure. But the Lord taught me this weekend that the leaders and examples he has given me should not be taken for granted. He is preparing me through the advice and small corrections given by those around me. And sometimes, I am too busy being prideful to appreciate them and incorporate them. I find myself earnestly seeking for suggestions rather than trying to reach perfection in everything I do right away and on my own. I have changed this and I feel so free and happy. A new light has come into my life. 

I know that God lives! I am not out here because this is easy, but I am here because it is Joyful. That Joy doesn't come on a platter, but it DOES COME (: 

I LOVE MY CALLING. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

The Lord is real, his enabling power is real, and the love he lets us feel for others is real.

-- 
Sister Justina Campbell
West Virginia Charleston Mission
















No comments:

Post a Comment